The Cornerstone Parks program is Canada’s only national network dedicated to maximizing the impact and influence of Canada’s large urban parks. The network brings together park-based NGOs working in large urban parks across Canada.
The growing Cornerstone Parks Network includes:
High Park Nature Centre
Meewasin Valley Authority
Park People offers support to these Cornerstone parks by:
– Providing direct funding for stewardship and restoration initiatives
– Engaging in evaluation and impact measurement activities
– Research, advocacy, and mentorship
– Providing access to workshops, resources, and local networks
– Collective impact measurement and storytelling
Free the Fern is very excited for the positive benefit on the environment and the local community that will come with being a member of the Cornerstone Parks program!